Dragon Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Officers Guild! Please be sure to sign your alliance into the "Please sign in" thread located at the top of the forum posts!

+3
kaos
siknin
Nyarlathotep
7 posters

Informal opinion survey re: KN

Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep
    Kaotic_Nature

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty Informal opinion survey re: KN

Post  Nyarlathotep Thu 2 Sep - 5:25

OK sorry if this seems like I am beating a dead horse here but I would really like to get some idea of what the members of OA think about the council's decesion to expand the KN campaign beyond Kaos and attack anyone who was a member of KN. I have made a couple of posts on this forum and on wc but to reiterate I think it was unjust and shocking; This organization exists in large part to reduce Dragon on Dragon violence yet this was one of the largest such attacks in Dragon history and against a group of people who were neither troublemakers nor phoenix sympathizers. I already know how the members of KN feel about it. Most of the posts I have put on here were responded to in a fairly hostile fashion or people responded that the members got what they deserved, so I guess what I am tryng to find out is if this was a vocal minority or the majority opinion of the OA members. Clearly it was the majority opinion of the council members so there isnt much point in them posting but I wonder about the rest of you?
    If a mjority of you think this was the correct course of action then I will not push for changes. But should a large number of people think this was not a good course of action then I think we all need to examine how we can prevent this from happening in the future. The cost has been huge not just in troops and amo's and heath but also in dragon to dragon goodwill and trust in OA. I would like to applaud the recent changes to Dragon law regarding presenting accusations to the accused before condemning them. However last time I checked the rules of engagement included a stipulation that if a commander attacks another dragon than the entire alliance becomes a valid target, which is in the same vein as this recent action. Perhaps it is time to reconsider that stipulation.
    I know I have personally learned something from this conflict, and should KN ever be attacked by a dragon commander I will see to it that any members of the oppossing alliance who have not atttacked will be left out of the conflict.
    siknin
    siknin
    Widespread Panic

Alliance : Widespread Panic
    Position : Commander

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty Re: Informal opinion survey re: KN

Post  siknin Thu 2 Sep - 7:51

I know you asked for a general reply from other members of this forum but as the founder I would like the chance to personally address this issue from my stand point.

Nyarlathotep wrote:I would really like to get some idea of what the members of OA think about the council's decesion to expand the KN campaign beyond Kaos and attack anyone who was a member of KN.

This campaign originally targeted four capitals held by kaos, kapers, bubba and nick2500cd. In order to conquer the capitals the perimeter needed to be breached. This in itself targeted innocent members of Kaotic_Nature. We also notified members of K_N including yourself as to our intentions 24 hrs in advance in effort to minimize the casualties of the operation. After all four capitals were secured and their perimeters guarded by members of our strike team a meeting was called at which time kaos was ordered to disban his alliance or they would be considered accessories to the charges brought on kaos. We informed kaos that if he would immediately disban his alliance we would call a cease fire and begin to return the properties of the innocent victims. He could defend himself against the charges and we would then decide if he was a suitable leader and could re-establish an allaince or if he is guilty to the crimes he has been charged with. Kaos chose not to disban his alliance.

During this cease fire I personally Handed over my alliance so I could join K_N in order to Bring the charges against kaos to the attention of the members of his alliance and answer whatever questions I could. Some players were cordial others were not and is understood. I answered what questions I could and directed members of the alliance to visit the forum where they could view the charges that have been filed and decide for themselves where they stood. As the Q&A session was becoming more of a threatening heated situation along with personal threats from K_N members I received a message that Gank was being attacked at dhumm state capital from two seperate K_N members.

At this point it was decided that all K_N forts were a potential threat to the dragon faction. We also knew that we could always return the properties to the members of K_N if that party could be cleared of the charges associated with kaos. We immediately posted a reach out thread on the home page of this forum in order to help the innocent parties and most of the forts have currently been returned.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
    This organization exists in large part to reduce Dragon on Dragon violence yet this was one of the largest such attacks in Dragon history and against a group of people who were neither troublemakers nor phoenix sympathizers.

This organization was founded to be a gathering where all dragon leaders could come together to create relationships, prevent DvD, and progress towards the destruction of the phoenix. We have prevented countless dragon on dragon wars, conquered both Phoenix Capitals (go ninjaprawnz and dc!) Created udder turmoil in birdland (Huge props to Izzyboo and Gank) and formed a stronghold of leaders from multitudes of alliances in our faction. Our intent is clear that we act on the best interests of our fellow dragons.

There is no doubt that this has been the largest scale battle in pe history. It also being the first of its size has opened the opportunity for us as a faction to learn from, build a tighter faction bond and improve on our system.

I agree that there were mistakes made in our execution and I think I can speak on behalf of all the parties that were involved when I say that I know that we will learn from the mistakes made and make changes in order to create a more equal union amongst alliances and we will continue to focus on the progression of our faction.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
    If a majority of you think this was the correct course of action then I will not push for changes. But should a large number of people think this was not a good course of action then I think we all need to examine how we can prevent this from happening in the future.

We welcome change. We have opened this forum up for all dragons. We have done this in order teach, learn, share, to create change and prevent any further division amongst our faction. We will also bring matters to the attention of all commanders who will participate in this movement before future operations of this scale are executed. We have opened up this forum and have extended the option to review and help to refine the practices and guidelines we have been creating since the inception of this guild. We do this in an effort to find excellence and unite us all.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
    The cost has been huge not just in troops and amo's and heath but also in dragon to dragon goodwill and trust in OA. I would like to applaud the recent changes to Dragon law regarding presenting accusations to the accused before condemning them. However last time I checked the rules of engagement included a stipulation that if a commander attacks another dragon than the entire alliance becomes a valid target, which is in the same vein as this recent action. Perhaps it is time to reconsider that stipulation.

I know I have personally learned something from this conflict, and should KN ever be attacked by a dragon commander I will see to it that any members of the oppossing alliance who have not atttacked will be left out of the conflict.

I agree fully with you that the commander vs commander stipulation needs to be refined. This would be an excellent way to start to gather the opinions of all the dragon alliances and bring them here together in order to discuss a law that has a direct effect on dragons as a united entity. I will be glad to create a thread where we can begin to explore this, I think your idea that indemnifies players who have not attacked and think we could grow of of that point.

In closing I know that finding a common ground, creating unity and progressing our faction needs to be our main focus.

Nyarlathotep wrote:
    Clearly it was the majority opinion of the council members so there isnt much point in them posting but I wonder about the rest of you?

I felt that since I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours trying to create a place inside this forum where dragons can come together, share ideas, build relationships and establish trust that I would provide my perspective so that everyone can see where it is I as a dragon truely stand.

siknin
    Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep
    Kaotic_Nature

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty re

Post  Nyarlathotep Thu 2 Sep - 11:43

Thank you sik I appreciate your detailed response. I was not aware of a second individual attcking gank during your visit to KN but I would like it to be noted that one of the individuals, Jukester, was booted as soon as we were made aware of the situation.
    kaos
    Kaotic_Nature

Post  kaos Thu 2 Sep - 11:59

Any way its put, I don't agree with attacking innocent ppl. I don't agree with attacking ANYONE just because you THINK something happened. The fact that any KN member or myself was attacked b4 ever having the chance to prove innocents was ridiculous. Hopefuly this action will be a way for all dragons to learn. The witch hunts are pointless. DvD hurts no one but dragons. Paranoia has to end. As previously stated, I feel the actions taken were wrong, but I hold no personal grudge to any attacking party. The members of KN showed great loyalty and honor by making the choice for themsaelves to stay. If you can't believe in your commander, and your friend, I pitty you. As far as public oppinion, I would like to take time to state that, while me and siknin do not fully agree on everything, we do get along to a degree and have discussed for many hours the best course of action to be taken now. We have come to the conclusion that if we work together, we can use this great dragon disaster and turn it into a positive thing for all dragonkind. Me and siknin will be traveling together through different alliances to speak on different matters, and to discuss battle plans one on one with the clans. Unity is what is needed now. We must hold strong in our battle with the phoenix. Me must come together as one. With teamwork we can rise up and destroy all who stand in our way. --- Kàos, commander of Kaotic_Nature.
    sven
    Kaotic_Nature

Alliance : kaotic nature
    Position : general

Post  sven Thu 2 Sep - 12:18

I'm glad to see everything being worked out. I have tryed my hardest to stay out of this as I was not well informed on this topic. But I would like to add that while I have no forts in the area of Kaos, Kapers, or nick I was still attacked by Gank all over the map. I have not asked for anything back as it would be a waste of gems and time to retake, but I would like to add that our time needs to be better spent on looking to pvp and how we can come together and crush phx and make sure that dragons don't lose one single fight. KN and Dragons forever
    Apollion
    Apollion
    Ascention

Alliance : No thanx they make me ich
    Position : NCL America

Post  Apollion Fri 3 Sep - 15:30

its good to see ppl have shithed thier swords it was stating to look like the battle of time but none the less im glad this can be handled civil now that we have taken a step back instead of shoveing forward it would seem my brother has took a new look on things as well i have herd talks of kaos going from allience to allience apoligiseing individualy this sounds like alot of progress even though at times im wondering if he has to apoligise at all maybe this is just another brainstorm that got posted on accident sorry about the grammar
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Dragon Claw

Alliance : Dragon Claw
    Position : General

Post  Hallowed Be Thy Name Fri 3 Sep - 18:32

Let's work together and annihilate those poor little Phoenix. =[ poor birdies never had a chance. They are literally getting gangbanged.

Post  Guest Fri 3 Sep - 22:04

Apollion wrote:its good to see ppl have shithed thier swords it was stating to look like the battle of time but none the less im glad this can be handled civil now
    I really don't mean to make this thread less serious, and I'm in no way mocking you, but does anyone else see the word "shithed" in this post? I was reading it and saw that and I haven't stopped laughing. Anyway on a more serious note, I agree with Kaos.
    siknin
    siknin
    Widespread Panic

Post  siknin Sat 4 Sep - 6:48

Aleksandir wrote:
    Apollion wrote:its good to see ppl have shithed thier swords it was stating to look like the battle of time but none the less im glad this can be handled civil now
    I really don't mean to make this thread less serious, and I'm in no way mocking you, but does anyone else see the word "shithed" in this post? I was reading it and saw that and I haven't stopped laughing. Anyway on a more serious note, I agree with Kaos.

yeah I saw it apollion meant sheithed as we all know.
    English is his second language and he types it a whole lot better than I can type another language unfortunately im monolingual

anyways....just an fyi, read apollions posts in an open and understanding state of mind
    siknin
    siknin
    Widespread Panic

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty Update on Status

Post  siknin Sat 4 Sep - 6:58

Although the case on kaos is officially still open I want to let it be known that the last few days kaos and siknin (me) have been visiting alliances together and speaking to them about the importance on unity in the Dragon Faction and have asked that all members join us here at this forum in order to communicate, coordinate and advance our faction. I will also be setting up a thread in the Commanders Section of this forum that has an ideas section for creating appointed tasks for individuals to carry out public relations as well as other duties. I would ask that all current members of this forum help to promote it in a positive setting amongst their current allies as well as in world chat.

Sincerely,
    siknin
    Apollion
    Apollion
    Ascention

Alliance : No thanx they make me ich
    Position : NCL America

Post  Apollion Wed 8 Sep - 0:10

I HAVE TAKE NOTICE TO THESE ACTIONS BEEN RECIVEING REPORTS LEFT AND RIGHT OF SIGHTINGS OF BOTH IN A COUPLE OF THE ALLIENCES IM GLAD TO SEE SUCH PROACTIVETY I HAVENT HAD MUCH TIME TO CONTINUE MY WORK DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS BUT I WILL BE JOINING IN THESE DRAGON UNITY ACTS SOON ONCE I CAN CLEAR UP A FEW PERSONAL MATTERS AT HOME Laughing Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Cool Smile Very Happy drunken
    anomity

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty ....

Post  anomity Mon 13 Sep - 13:51

My issue is who gave you the right to decide who is fit to lead and whose not...how do you have the right to decide who is an accessory to a crime and who isn't? That is all I have to say...
    drizzle
    drizzle
    Colonel

Position : General

Informal opinion survey re: KN Empty re

Post  drizzle Mon 13 Sep - 17:47

Its not even like that. If you want your voice to be heard, why not post your name??!! That way we know who we are talking to. The issue has been resolved already anyway, and all dragons are fighting alongside one another to rid us of the Phoenix.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 15:55